Thursday, October 4, 2012

Dumbfounded

I am so dumbfounded by the love and mercy of the Lord. His blessings never cease to amaze me.

I still can't believe I'm actually having a baby. Me, I'm having a baby! There were many days, over the past few years, where the thought would cross my mind "I might never have children." I never actually believed that, those were just the days that my flesh was winning. I have always said that I don't believe that the Lord would allow me to have such a strong desire to be a mother if he was not planning on blessing me in that way. Jon and I have both prayed, fervently, that if it was not the Lord's will for us to have children that he would take away the desire and give us peace about it. He never took away the desire and now we're having a baby. I'm going to say it again because I almost don't believe it.. We're having a baby!

We were so excited to see our little bean at 6.5 weeks and see its little fluttering heartbeat but we knew we weren't out of the woods yet. With our second pregnancy, we saw the heartbeat at 7 weeks and then at the second appointment the ultrasound showed that the baby had stopped growing at 9 weeks. So we prayerfully continued (as we do every day because we are supposed to do EVERYTHING in prayer and supplication:)) along after the first ultrasound. This time, our second appointment was at 10 weeks, and were so excited and thankful to see that our "bean" was starting to look more like a alien baby! Again, the love and mercy of the Lord amaze me.  I deserve nothing more than the pits of Hell, yet by the grace of the Lord I have been greatly blessed beyond measure!

This Saturday I will be 12 weeks and I'm really hoping to start feeling better really soon! You hear that little one? Give your mommy a break! Ok? Any way, modern technology is amazing. Did you know that you can hear the heartbeat of your little one in the comfort of your home any time you want? Yep.. It's pretty amazing.

That's all for now. Just a bit of rambling.

Much love
 Kitta :)

No comments:

Post a Comment